Safe Testing in a Safe Environment
Safety has always been of utmost importance at Colmis Proving Ground and we are aware that the prevailing pandemic situation is a matter of concern for all of our customers, partners and visitors. On this page, we would like to provide you with a quick overview of:
- The situation and guidelines followed in Sweden concerning Covid-19
- Specific measures and routines implemented in the region of Arjeplog and Arivdsjaur
- Our own specific Covid-19 Policy at Colmis Proving Ground
General Guidelines in Sweden
As a general rule we follow all the recommendations issued by the Public Health Agency of Sweden. Yes, this includes the most basic ones like keeping distance or washing hands that you are familiar with, but below you can also find answers to questions you may have about the policy towards wearing masks in Sweden, special regulations for bars and restaurants, etc.
You can find the latest updated information of the Swedish Public Health Agency by accessing their website here.
You can also visit the Emergency Information and the General Information websites of the Swedish government for further details about the situation in Sweden.
Questions and Answers on Covid-19 in Arjeplog and Arvidsjaur
Arjeplog and Arvidsjaur municipalities, the local business organisation Argentis and the Swedish Proving Ground Association, of which Colmis is a member of, have cooperated to offer you an overview of the most frequently asked questions (FAQ) concerning your stay and activities in the region.
What kind of measures are taken at the airport and during the transfers between the airport and the towns? What about in hotels? How can one get tested for Covid-19 in Arjeplog?
Read through the FAQ document by clicking here.
You can also visit the Arjeplog municipality website by clicking here.
Colmis Proving Ground – Covid-19 Policy
Apart from following the general guidelines from the Swedish Public Health Agency and implementing ongoing hygiene protocol briefings to all our staff, at Colmis we have taken specific steps for you to feel comfortable and in the most secure possible environment when visiting and working within our facilities:
- We have digitalized our registration process and from this season onwards one has to individually register online at www.colmis.com/register at least 48 hours before arrival.
This is a necessary first step to enter the proving ground!
- Kindly only send one person from each team to handle logistics, requests, queries, etc. (e.g. to pick up access cards upon arrival or book services).
- Only 10 people are allowed in the reception area at the same time.
- A plastic shield prevents direct contact between the receptionists and visitors.
COMMON AREAS & WORKSHOPS
- General indications:
- Keep a reasonable distance from others when possible and wash your hands frequently.
- There are disinfectant gel stations available for visitors throughout all public areas.
- Wearing of masks is optional.
- Fuel/Charging Stations: Please use the disposable gloves provided onsite when refuelling/charging.
- Workshops: Please follow your own company’s working protocol within the workshops.
- Max. 5 participants: The number of participants in each session will be limited to maximum of 5 persons (reduced from the usual 10)
- 1 person/vehicle: Every participant will be driving one vehicle by himself/herself (as opposed to sharing it between 2 people)
- Company “bubbles” strategy: We will try to avoid mixing participants from different companies in a same session. If you have a special request in this sense and can’t arrange the set-up you desire directly through the online booking system, please contact us at email@example.com and we will arrange a solution for you.
- Hygiene Measures:
- Conference Room (theory session):
- Direct access via signposted door (not via reception).
- Please wash and disinfect hands when entering!
- The tables and chairs will be disinfected between sessions/groups.
- We will arrange a seating plan to maximize distance between participants.
- The use of a face mask is not mandatory in Sweden, but this protection measure will be followed according to the request of each group.
- Vehicles (driving session):
- Each vehicle will have sanitizing hand gel available.
- The vehicles (with a special focus on highly touched items, such as the steering wheel, door handles and control panel) will be disinfected after each session.
- BOOKINGS: This season the driver training will operate between January 18th and March 18th. As always, bookings are done via our online system (to access it click here): for bookings outside of this period or for special requests, please get in touch with us via e-mail.
*IMPORTANT: From previous seasons you know that we always make our best efforts to be as flexible as possible in terms of adapting your reservations and allowing certain last-minute changes. We appreciate your understanding that this season we will follow the reservations in a stricter manner and will not allow last-minute changes, precisely to respect the bookings of other customers that could be affected and to avoid mixing different groups in a single session.
IN THE EVENT OF A VISITOR PRESENTING COVID-19 SYMPTOMS
- For the safety of you & others, we recommend you stay at your accommodation if you present symptoms.
- Contact your hotel reception to let them know about the situation.
- The local health centre can be contacted for further advice and for a COVID-19 test (tel: +46 961-14801).
Please also remember that ColmisPlus is there to support your activities in many ways: from durability to calibration, our team of drivers, engineers, mechanics and coordinators can function as an additional resource for your projects. Just ask us for more info if you are interested.
Above all you can rest assured that, despite the special circumstances, our goal this season remains fully unchanged: to provide you with the best possible winter testing experience.
Still have questions? Please contact us by telephone (+46 (0) 961-720 100) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) anytime. We will be happy to answer any doubts you may have!